It's always a good practice to make a backup of your data from time to time.
You can backup your hosting account using the cPanel Control panel for your hosting. To proceed, please follow the following steps:
- Login to cPanel.
- On the home page, click on the "Backup" icon.
- Click on the button: "Download or Generate a Full Website Backup".
- On the next screen, click on the button: "Generate Backup".
- Wait until the backup is finished and then you'll be able to download it if you selected "Home Directory" as Backup Destination. Remember that the backup will be stored on your home directory, so delete it after downloading it in order to free up space.
- If you selected "Remote FTP Server" as the Backup Destination, after the backup is completed, it will be sent to the FTP server you specify there, so if you have an FTP Server at home or a Backup Server contracted, you can send the backup there.
You can also use the "Backup Wizard" and follow the steps. It's easy as 1,2,3!
You can also download a partial backup. For example just the MySQL DataBase, or just the files of your web site.
It's recommended to make regular backups of your site, so you can recover your data if you need to.
You can also apply for a backup account, so your full home directory will be backed up once every day. Please contact Sales for more info.